Sunday, November 16, 2008

Is it paranoia?

So of course since we have found out about Ariel's kd, I have been watching her like a hawk. Some days it seems as if she is her old self and then there are other days where it seems like she is sleeping more than usual and just kind of hanging out. Now that I am home, of course I get to watch all the kitties versus when I was out of the house 50+ hours a week.

This is where I began to wonder if I am being overly suspicious because of all the close observation. Is this normal for her? Did she just lounge around while I was at work all the other times? She's always been a lot more calm than the kittens (Nena and Dazz)and preferred to play at 3am while the others are deep in sleep.

I know the vet told me to watch how she is eating because that will be a good sign of a change in her condition. She was never a big eater except for lunch meat and canned food (which she cant have now unless its the prescription type which she is not fond of). She still eats her low sodium turkey like a champ and does eat her dry food as much as she ever has.

What I have done is make sure that I am not concentrating on her and ignoring the other kitties. Both Joe and I have made extra sure we are giving all four a lot of attention and love time. They all are our kids and each needs love just as much as the others.

But I am still wondering .. is there a thing as being too cautious?

~Carolyn

1 comment:

Mike Stenglein said...

yes. Kinda like being overly paranoid...WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME!...When I notice that one of our cats is not eating as much it snowballs...does she look thinner? Is she sleeping too much? Do those jeans make her look weird?
Relax, watch her habits (which will not be the old normal) and look for anomolies from those.
QUIT STARING AT ME!!! *Looks over shoulder*