Thursday, November 6, 2008

First fluids treatment

Tonight was the first time Joe and I gave Ariel her iv of fluids and while it did not go as smoothly as it did in the vets office, it was not a disaster either. The needle came out one time so we had to make a second attempt since she did not get her full fluids yesterday at the vets. I also managed to stab myself in the thumb and boy its still smarting.

We have decided that after her fluids, we would give her some turkey as a special treat and of course the other three get it as well. They were all sitting outside the closed door waiting patiently for us to open it up.

This is really hard. She was not happy and squirming and meowing to get away. She has been sleeping pretty much since then and I am hoping this starts to help her feel better. The vet says that she will eventually get used to it somewhat so I am hoping thats true. Right now its tugging at our heart strings.

~ Carolyn

4 comments:

Mike Stenglein said...

I am sorry to hear that she is not doing so hot. Lily had something a few years ago that we had to pump meds into her, not fun.
I miss you all..well most of you people up there.
How's the weather?
Was 80 today. neener neener.
Do you mind if I spread your blog on twitter? For the sales...and exposure (decent mind you) for your kitty and ur cause?

Tayg said...

Of course not and thanks for stopping by. I miss you too!

~Carolyn

Kimberly said...

me too!!! Well I miss both you AND Mike! :)

I know I'm included in the people he misses!!!! LOL!

Hope Arial feels better soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

i gave my cat IV fluids for amost 18 months - after the intial first few times, I think he really understood that getting the fluid in him made him feel better - it certianly made him LOOK better - he coat cleared up, he got silkier, he got more active. don't give up on the fluids - its frustrating at first, but eventually it will be accepted.