Thursday, November 13, 2008

Calmer Days and a Great Vet



The weekend is approaching along and OMG Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away. But as I sit here with Ariel sleeping near me, I am hoping with all my heart and soul that the NY Jets hold on and beat New England. Ahhh but this blog is not about the lame Pats but my loving cats!

Today the phone rang and on the other end was the Crest Hill Animal Hospital calling to check up on Ariel. There have been two vets working with us during this entire ordeal and Dr Katie (Dr Brandy is the other) called to check up on Ariels eye infection and to see how her fluids and kidney condition has been. It was totally unexpected and made me feel great about the care Ariel is receiving.

Joe often asks me questions about vet visits and what not and does not understand why I do not ask 1001 questions about every little thing. They take into account ease of giving medication as well as the best treatment with cost in mind. When they tell me that they have a cream for the eye infection instead of drops, I did not question it. This call today further proves why I feel this way. What it comes down to is I trust them to do what is best for Ariel and all of our cats.

So the advice for today is find a vet and if you are not comfortable with them, keep looking.

~Carolyn

1 comment:

Boss Bengal said...

So great that you persist till you are happy with your vet.. so many of them are 'uneducated' in the bengal ways and can often miss things . good luck
Debs
aka Boss Bengal
www.bengaltalk.com
a forum for ALL bengal lovers x